How Dental Insurance Plans Work, How To Use Your Plan Benefits & More
“What Does My Dental Insurance Cover” and More Frequently Asked Questions
Understanding Dental Insurance Plans
- What are the deductible costs of my plan?
- What are the services my dental insurance plan covers? i.e. Does my dental insurance cover implants?
- Are there limitations and maximums to my dental insurance plan?
- What dentists accept my insurance?
Common Services You Can Enjoy Using Dental Insurance:
- Regular Teeth Cleanings
- Emergency Dentistry
- Alignment services, such as Invisalign®
- And more…
Many insurance plans have limitations to the types of procedures they cover. Be sure to check with your dental insurance provider to find out the details of your coverage.
How Does Dental Insurance Work?
What Are Deductibles? Dental insurance plans come with deductibles. A deductible is the minimum amount that must be paid by the insured. For example, if the deductible is $150 and the insuree’s services cost $128, the insurance plan will not be accessible. Which Doctors Participate In My Dental Plan? Each insurance plan covers a network of dentists. Check with Atlantic Smiles Dental to see if our dentists are covered in your plan by scheduling an appointment.
Other Things To Know About Dental Insurance
Before you are ready to make a decision on a plan and a dentist, there are other things to take into account, including:
- Co-plans, or dual coverage
- Pre-treatment estimates
- Limitations and exclusions